This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Menu's, Navigation, Courses, Saved Locations, and my Stats.

Why is Navigation so mixed up in the menu's and not so simple as how it is in an 800 for example..

From the start page, I can press the down button to select "Menu" and then scroll to the "Navigation" page and from there, select a Course or a Saved Location.

But, when I am in my Activity Profile and riding, I can go into the menu and find a course, but no Saved Location.

If I want to ride a Saved Location, I then have to go back to the start  page and then access the menu from there to access Saved Locations which is stupidity.

Why cannot Courses and Saved locations both  be together and accessible from the activity profile you are riding with just one or two button presses. 
Many a time whilst riding a course, for some reason, I will want to cancel the course and use the 530 to get me to a saved location which could be my home location or a checkpoint on an event.

But the way it is, it is a lot of faffing about to do.

And why have the option to ride to a saved location hidden away on the map page. I know where my saved location is so no need to unessary have to open the map page with more button presses. Why not have the option to ride the saved location on the menu that appears when you select the saved location. On my first attempt at riding to a saved location, it took me ages to find out how to do it and it was only by accident when I opened the map page did the option to "ride" appear.

You do not have to open the map page in order to ride a course so why do saved locations have to be different?

And why also have another "Navigation" menu in activity profile settings to confuse the situation which does not even have Courses or saved locations in, only maps, routing and navigation prompts etc. Why not combine all Navigation features into one menu instead of scattered through 3 menu pages and have it readily accessible with just one or two clicks and not tucked away in Settings with many clicks for example. It defeats the object of it not only being a training device, but also a Satnav.

Which takes me to the next point:-

Why not have routing, under the first "navigation" page under activity profiles instead of the "Navigation" page under settings for the activity profile in the Navigation page.. Once again, many a time, I want to use "Straight Line" to my home location so that I can see how far away I am from Home when I am free running but do not want road navigation, but to do so, its a case of returning to the start page, select my saved location, then dig deep into my activity profile to change from "Road" to "Straight Line". A not very constructive simple process.

And all this selecting things on the menu pages is hampered by the stupid activity colour which makes reading white lettering on a pale coloured background hard to read in daylight and black lettering on a pale coloured background at night unless the backlight is on bright. Why not just have the menu you want to select be the same as when you are changing a data field with an enhanced border etc.

My Stats is also a similar thing, Stats are Stats and I associate it with rides I have done etc. But on the odd occasion when I want to find my heart rate and power zones etc, where do I eventually find them, under "My Stats". Why not have them where they should be, under "User Profile". In fact, where is "User profile" with your weight, height and age in etc as I cannot find it now. That shows how poorly intuitive the menus are when you cannot find something simple.

If this all sounds confusing, then that is because the menus in a 530 are a case of trying to remember where you have seen things and try and remember where you saw them and find them.

• Whilst riding, the available options can change depending on what screen is displayed. The navigation options can be reached from the map screen but not a data screen, which I believe is what you are wanting to do, but it is still a few button presses.

• Yes, you can also get into Navigation options from the map screen, but to change things, you also have to go into other "Navigation" menus to find what you want ie if you need to alter the calculation method, you then have to go into "Activity Profile". And from the "Map" menu if that is what you have opened, because "Routing" is not directly under the menu, you have to select "activity profile" find the "Navigation" menu and then select "Routing". 

All navigation functions should all be under one menu, not having to go into other menu's.

Its like driving your car if you drove from the drivers seat, get into the back to change gear, across to the other rear seat to apply the hand brake and get into the front passenger seat to start and stop the car. It would be chaos, just like using the navigation menus in a 530.

And no where in my original post do I refer to opening the navigation options from a data field or intend it to be so as it is probably not possible.

But the ludicrous thing with opening the map page up is, you are faced with "Find a Course" but no "Saved Locations", just below "Find a Course" is "Navigation", so you open that menu up and you are faced with "Courses" and "Saved Locations" etc. And when you open "Courses", it is the same as "Find a Course", so what is the point of that. Might as well just add everything under that "Navigation" menu, to appear when you access the menu page from the map page.