This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 530 Public Beta 8.63 Now Available

A new Beta software for the Edge 530 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found in the link below.

Edge 530: https://www8.garmin.com/support/agree.jsp?id=14953 

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 8.20 to 8.63:

• Fixed device-to-device transfers
  • Added new tone for radar that that plays when your radar transitions to the green threat level. Go to the radar settings in the sensors menu to enable this feature.
  • Improved bike light network connection stability
  • Improved course point display and added new types
  • Improved Course 'Always Show' functionality
  • Improved shifting sensor battery data fields
  • Improved Physio True-up data recording
  • Improved indoor trainer control
  • Improved sensor search flow
  • Fixed issue causing unnecessary sensor software update prompts
  • Fixed power calibration prompt when waking from sleep mode
  • Fixed history line color
  • Fixed issue with left/right power balance recording
  • Fixed issue with GPS not turning off in indoor mode
  • Fixed the power graph during workout steps with no power target
  • Fixed issue where on-device Training Plan would not allow riding one-step workouts
  • Fixed issues with CIQ data field alerts and widget pages
  • Improved general device stability

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hallelujah! Will be checked ASAP!

THANKS 

• It would be good to have more details on this:

Fixed issue with left/right power balance recording

If I believe my balance, I'm right leg biased. However, I've seen instances where it reports 40%/60%, which seems extreme.

Also, I'm glad they've given some love to the device-to-device transfer. This was one of the most unreliable features - worked less than half the time!

• Just returned from an EMTB ride and still saw several notifications of my ebikes sensors reconnecting Cry

• Don't know if it's because of this beta, or that my 945 also is on latest beta, or if it was an one off, but today I could not get the training load to sync from the 530 to CG Web using wifi although I restarted the 530 several times. The training load did not update on the web until I synced using CG mobile (iOS).

(Today I've done three activities using my 945 and they transfered fine to the 530 using wifi, but new training load score from the 530 did not transfer back to web using wifi, I had to start GCM to get it updated )

• Yeh, same, well worse actually. Going to roll back to 8.20....

• Any news on the dropping sensors bug?

Thanks

MB

• I have had 3 rides now with 3 different bikes.

1. 65 km with Crossbike

Sram Red Etap : one dropout; Stages PM: one Dropout; Gramin Speedsensor OK; Wahoo HF OK

2. 90 km with roadbike

no dropouts at all. (Stages PM, Shimano Di2, Garmin Speedsensor and Garmin HF)

3. 75 km with Crossbike

no dropouts at all. (Stages PM, Garmin Speedsensor and Garmin HF)

All Sensors are paired via ANT+

• Nope, it did not sync training load via wifi today either, and this time the activity was recorded on the 530. The activity transfered to the web just fine via wifi but training load did not change until I started the phone app...

• Same thing tonight, it does not sync training load on wifi, app must be used.