This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 saves intermediate files

Last week I rode an 8-day stage tour using my Edge 530 and the Edge saved my files in intermediate intervals. I tried to find a pattern and it seemed that each time I stopped for a few minutes, the Edge logged my ride up to that moment, and saved it as a separate file. As my iPhone was connected, Garmin Connect immediately wrote the files to connected third party apps. After finishing, I stopped and saved the complete ride (that happily worked well). At the end of the day, I had several files in all my apps from the same ride; 2-3 parts of the ride and one complete file. I can of course remove the partly rides, but find it very annoying.

I have the following observations:

- it only happens when I navigate using a gpx course

- It happens when I stop for a few minutes, and my Rally RS200 power down

- there is no difference if the iPhone is continuously connected to the Edge or not

- software of Edge, Garmin connect and iPhone is up to date

Any similar experiences/ solutions?

• I've seen this exact thing happen with the Garmin Speed Sensor 2. The sensor was paired with Garmin connect mobile and every time the rider would stop for a few minutes it would upload the ride to Connect.  When we unpaired the sensor to Connect, the uploads stopped. Perhaps something like this is happening in your setup. Maybe the Rally pedals have been paired to Garmin connect.

• Thx! The rs200 are indeed paired to connect. I will try if unpairing them will work.