This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 530 and Wahoo Kickr Core Power signals problems

Hi all, im expecting a lot of power signals lost from my Wahoo Kickr Core using my garmin 530, im losing ONLY power signal, cadence, hr and speed keep stable, here some screens of my records.

• I'm having the same issue between the Kickr Core and the Edge 530.  In contrast, the Wahoo app on my phone can receive the power signal with no problems.   All other metrics between the Wahoo app and the 530 are the same.  The net result of the intermittent dropped signal at end of ride is that the 530 shows ~50-70% of the average power of the Wahoo app.  This has impacted every ride on my Kickr Core since ~6/16, and I don't think any rides 6/3 or earlier were impacted.  The power signal on my road bike (Vectors) has not been impacted.

• Have you searched the forums?
    It is a known issue of signal drop to many external units, not only yours specifically.
    If you're into testing, try the 8.13 Beta.

• Indoor training can be noisy for EMF (wifi, microwaves, etc), and you can get EM interference. If you are experiencing dropouts with ANT+, try connecting your Edge to the Kickr over Bluetooth instead.

• Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue - only the power drops off on my Edge and the Wahoo app looks completely fine. What's going on?!

• Thanks for asking and for those who offered ideas.  No luck.  Still dropping the power signal as of today.  On currently on SW 8.20.  Skeptical of (but open to) the EMF hypothesis in my case.  To my knowledge, nouting new has been introduced to the scene since the unit was fully functional in early June and all other communication to the Edge works.  Lastly, in my limited troubleshooting time I haven’t figured out how to switch to Bluetooth.  (Any tips?) My best hypothesis is a SW change in early June was the culprit.  Garmin, any ideas?? 

• There was a software update last week that seems to have helped. I also left my phone in the house (I ride in the garage) on airplane mode so one or both of those have helped a lot. It still happens but a lot less frequently. 

I've also started a case with Garmin where they're having me send them the ANT+ diagnostic reports after trainer rides to see if that tells them anything. I'll keep people posted as they get back to me.

• DrewWilson, any update on this?  Curious if things have improved.  I am still seeing the same issue.  Skeptical of the phone link for me because I always had the phone around before the issue emerged, unless it’s an interaction with phone and software update.  Busy spell so I haven’t called tech support yet.

• No real update. I never heard back after sending them multiple file logs. Pretty disappointing customer service. It seems to have kinda fixed itself through updates but it still drops periodically

• The KICKR Core seems to have a pathetic ANT transmitter / receiver.  Many people use a dongle on a extension cord when controlling the KICKR from a PC.  I've stopped using the KICR for power, and get the power / cadence data from my Vectors to the 530.  I have to move the controller (PC / phone) close to the KICKR to keep from losing the signal.  I assume Bluetooth is better than ANT, but I've had issues with both.  Also make sure your phone is off or at least turn BT off on the phone.

• i have the same problem. No issue when controling kick core from my android phone (galaxy s10).

Only power signal is lost - reporting 0.

Would it be possible to pair trainer using BLE ?