This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FTP not recording

edge 530 does not record FTP since last Summer.

I use the same bike with same hr-sensor and same powermeter as before. 

The last recorded data is from August 2020.

The vo2max though has been recorded correctky until today.

Any ideas?

• You must have done a ride that triggered the FTP algorithm in that time period.  They don't continuously update the FTP number.

• I did two rides since last year that triggered the FTP (last one was yesterday).

The device even asked if the new value should be updated.

The new watt/kg and FTP numbers are there but not in the history nor the graph 

• FTP & Vo2max require you to be working at least 70% of your heart rate, check settings for Heart rate & power zones in your profile also your body weight, you can also do this in the online profile 

Cycling VO2 Max Estimate

• Cycling activity must be 20 minutes in length or longer without stopping
    • Heart rate data from either a built-in optical heart rate sensor or from a chest strap
    • Heart rate must be elevated to at least 70% of your maximum heart rate for at least 20 minutes continuously
    • Power meter is required

go into your garmin profile Menu->My Stats->Training Status and then scroll down until the FTP box is highlighted then press enter, then set enable auto calculation. Vo2max & FTP are closely related  if you did a 20 min test  the vo2max=((FTPWatts*10.8)/YourWeightKg) +20+1

It also calculates the Lactate Threshold HR

if you scroll further down Performance Notifications has the New Vo2Max

Scroll further to Training Zones and in Heart Rate Zones you can set Max HR and Lactate Threshold HR and then can be set on auto calculate, Resting HR should be your HR after waking up in the morning.

online user interactive manual to do FTP test www8.garmin.com/.../GUID-4A55785E-248E-46DF-8BDA-7CC563477E6D.html