This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 does not connecting via USB

I've tried all suggestions about reset, cables, other notebooks, indeed OTG on my smartphone, but my Edge 530 just charge.

I would like to transfer files to my Edge 530, particularly a new map. I don't know another way to transfer a map.

The phisical connection with my smartphone via OTG cable keeps just charging. The try to change to transfer files manually failed.

Some updates before (actually 7.10) I have used to connect my Edge 530 to my notebook to transfer files.

The Garmin Express does not recognize my Edge 530 too, unfortunately.

Any kind of new tries? Anyone have passed by the same?

• You definitely have a cable that is for data transfer as well as charging ? I often forget this as many cables are just for charging,

• I would also be curious if you have confirmed that this is a data transfer cable or not. Some cables will provide charge only, and it sounds like this is the case if your phone is also unable to transfer using this cable. 

• Yes, I`ve tried a lot of cables, indeed the original that came with my Edge 530.

• I would recommend you reach out to your local product support team, as it may be an issue with the port on your device. 

You can also try as one more attempt, press and hold the Lap button on your Edge while you connect it to the USB cable. This will hopefully force it into Mass Storage mode. If this does not work, please reach out to your local support team by visiting support.garmin.com. 

• Just bought a new 530 on Amazon, wouldn't connect to Garmin Edge. I got a Garmin support guy on Chat, gave him my serial #, and he told me it was a Europe-only unit, with preloaded Europe maps, so I can't load maps to it.  Returning to Amazon.  Caveat Emptor!