This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Favero Assioma duo

How do I connect the favero Assioma DUO to my Garmin Edge 530?
will the 530 “see” the pedals right- left in two different pairings?

• From the manual:

”Cycle computers with ANT+ technology have to be paired with the left pedal only. The left pedal will transmit the data collected by the corresponding right pedal too.

Cycle computers, or other devices, with Bluetooth technology and Cycling Power Profile (CPP) have to be associated with both the left and the right pedal. The name of the right-sided Assioma will be recognizable by the R ID identification number (indicated outside the box).

• Thanks Gary , I will check this out!

• I have those pedals. You only have to pair them as a single ANT+ power meter sensor but you'll get data from both sides. Make sure you charge both pedals and then wake them up (make sure the LEDs are on) before pairing.

• Me too. On your first pairing you'll need to spin them for a couple of minutes to establish the connection, so be patient. After that they connect in a couple of seconds. You'll then get loads of data on garmin connect. Enjoy !

MB

• You saved my day. Although  this post is already 8 months old I wanted to say a big thank you. It really took a long time until the faveros connected to my edge530. So your hint on just being patient was the breakthrough of my struggle. Thx a lot manClapThumbsup tone1Blush

• If you like Cycling Dynamics, you might need to turn that explicitly on. On first pairing with my Assiomas, the 530 didn't show it all the time

• I added the cycling dynamics as a separate data page and it works well. Although I don’t know what I should use it for in my training. Currently weather and AQI here in Beijing is bad outside, so I just compare the assioma power readings with my smart trainer power readings. That will help me to consider the offset when riding outside or on the free rollers indoor. Looks like there is quite a biWinker deviation between the two power sources, but it’s getting off topic now in this threatWinkJoy

• Pedal power meters should read slightly higher than a smart trainer due to friction losses. If the discrepancy is large then calibrate the pedals and verify the crank length configuration is correct.

• I'm not sure if I did it right. There was one Ant+ ID and two BTle IDs for the Assioma Duo. Crank length can only be set in the BTle IDs. So do I need to connect all three of them?

The Assioma App has an option to use one or two channels for L/R, but it states that this only matters for Apps and not for Ant+ cycling computers.

I'm confused ôO

• You don't need to connect all three of them. Only pair the ANT+ sensor with your Edge 530. Don't use Bluetooth. Generally Bluetooth is inferior and should only ever be used if you have to connect the power meter to another device that doesn't support ANT+, like a computer running Zwift or something.