This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin 100% to blame for IQ Apps fault

More than two months have passed since firmware 7.00 broke the Komoot IQ app (and Strava IQ app).  I have not been able to find one definitive response from Garmin on the forums that they even acknowledge the problem, never mind have a plan to fix it.

There are plenty other threads detailing the problem, but put simply - once you start a Komoot navigation the only way to stop and record the route is to perform a hard reset on the Edge device.

I contacted Komoot support, who were quick to reply.  There is no problem with the Komoot app - which has been hinted at in other threads on the forums.  Garmin is entirely to blame for the problem.  Garmin have been notified by one of their IQ partners about the problem and they have still done nothing about it.  Here is a snippet from the Komoot response:

"This is indeed a know issue, but it is related to the Garmin firmware and has been reported. We hope that the issue will soon be fixed, but a the moment we at komoot cannot do anything here."

Garmin, I think it's about time you fixed this.

Top Replies

All Replies

• You should call Garmin support to report this, this is a public forum and is not routinely monitored by their staff.

• Have you considered downgrading to return the required functionality until you can connect with someone about the issues with 7.00? I have old code versions if required.

• Totally agree with you on this. As for a workaround, the suggestion by Stijnemans seems to work:

I think I have found a work around: don’t start the tour via IQ connect, but with the button ‘navigate’ on the front screen

• Thanks for the positive contribution.  I might try the workaround but we are close to three months with the broken firmware and we really shouldn't need a workaround, it should be fixed by now.

• Thanks for the positive contribution.  I might try the workaround but we are close to three months with the broken firmware and we really shouldn't need a workaround, it should be fixed by now.

This response makes no sense. 127001 already agrees with you. Yet it seems like you missed that.

This is (primarily) a end user forum. Garmin doesn't reliably read it.

So, complaining about "what Garmin should do" to someone who was just trying to help you doesn't make sense.

• Sounds like you copied and pasted without actually reading the reply.  And what part of saying ‘what Garmin should do’ on a Garmin forum doesn’t make sense?

• No. I read your reply.

What doesn't make sense is your "but Garmin should do something" response to the suggestion.

You pointed out "what Garmin should do" in the first post.

Implying that the work around isn't good enough because it's "not what Garmin should have done" is dismissive of the person trying to help you (who already agrees with you).

I have no idea why people do that.