This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Off Course sensitivity

Hello

I use the navigation and I find that the Off course is very sensitive to a small deviation from the route - This cause recalculation (when off course is triggered) which consumes a lot of device battery and it also takes time for the recalculation to end.

Is there a way to set the off course sensitivity (say by a distance from the route) ?

Thanks !

• No.

You can turn off recalculation. It's not always needed anyway.

• I've found recalculation works...when the recalculated route is short....like a short detour with no other alternatives available. Otherwise the recalculation will take you to Timbuktu and back. 

• You don't really need the recalculation in that situation.

How does using recalculation help the OP if he's having an issue with recalculation?

• Not Off Course sensitivity, but you can adjust the recalculation settings.

Activity Profiles> [Name of Proflile]> Navigation> Routing> Recalculation = Prompted or Off.

Personally I prefer prompted - it allows me to choose to do nothing if fixing it is as simple as a U turn, or have it recalculate if it is more drastic (eg. a road closure on my predefined course).

• Not Sensitivity per se. But you can change the recalculation settings.

Activity Profiles> [Name of profile]> Navigation> Routing> Recalculation = Prompted or Off.

Personally, I prefer prompted - it allows me to do nothing if getting back on course is as simple as a U turn, or to allow it to recalculate if there is something more drastic required (eg. a road closure on my predefined course).