This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it save to upgrade from 5.5 to 6.2?

I read a lot if issues with the new sw version. Which one is better 5.5 or 6.2? Is it possible to downgrade from 6.2 to 5.5?

• I have ad no problems with the update to 6.2.  Yes you can downgrade if you want to (if you have a copy of the firmware file for 5.5).

• FW 6.2 works fine for me. This is what I have been using on a regular basis, without issues 

- Standard routing & recording

- training workouts

- training status, training load, vo2max,.....

- connect powermeter and HR sensor

- Strava live segments when not routing

The only use case relevant for me I still need to test Is Strava live segments when routing

• Firmware version 6.2:
    For me using Strava live segments while routing and navigating on a Strava course that has segments embedded (course created before fw 6.2; connect app -> training -> courses -> purple flags / or shown in the point list on the edge) leads to crashing navigation when the a live segment triggers, such that the navigation needs to be restarted. This happens for > 80% of the segments.
    Courses build on Strava lately (after upgrade to fw 6.2) do not have any segments embedded any more, so navigation does not crash, but no live-segments any more. 

• I tested a newly created Strava route today. On the map on the device itself, I could see the segments (green line with green/red square at start/end). But the live segment screen was not popping up, neither could I see the summary data screen, listing all active segments.