This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to pair Favero Assioma single side power with Edge 530?

Garmin 530 Edge finds the power meter but it does not record power or only records very low values. 

• Just asking but, did you activate the pedal using the Favero phone app first, if you skip that step the pedal will not transmit power and that step also activates the warranty.  Also pair the pedal to 530 using Bluetooth not Ant+,  Bluetooth connection will double the UNO power readings to simulate having two pedals.

• I paired my Assioma UNO via ANT+ without issue.

I also have a pair of DUO's paired via ANT+, also without any problems.

Just make sure that you use the Favero Assioma App to register & calibrate (zero offset) first.

• How do I know if I paired the pedals using Bluetooth or Ant+?

• If you are connect then go to the sensor details it will show the protocol it is using. You can also typical tell by the default sensor name. If it is just a numeric string then it is typically ANT. If it contains the product name then it is likely BLE.

• Are you shure? Isn't it exactly the other way round? Pairing via BLE delivers onls left side power, I guess?

And: How can I choose to pair via ANT+?

• I checked it.
    Yes, when coupling Assioma Uno via Bluetooth BLE it sends power values of the left pedal to Garmin 530. You can change this in the Assioma App. There is an option to double the numbers when connected vie Bluetooth BLE.
    When coupling via ANT+ the correct numbers (left pedal x 2) are shown on Edge (and on 920XT f.e.).

• I tried it. But, I think that it doesn’t work out. When I connect via ant+ I see left pedal’s value 80W e.g. meantime I see 160W on Zwift. When I connect to Garmin via Ble and chosen double power on Assioma app  I see 80W on Garmin again. I didn’t understand why. 

• If you are not seeing the previously mentioned option to select how to display power data using the Favero app, then I would recommend reaching out to them for support on this. 

The 530 will not have any ability to control what data is being displayed. It merely displays what your pedals send over, and any settings that can be altered on the pedals can't be controlled on the Garmin side. 

• HI, can you help me. i have the UNO pedals. i need to know how to configure the balance so i can ese the balance of two pedals.. 

• I had the same issue, luckily this thread popped right up to the top of my search that I was able to solve it quickly. Thanks for posting!