This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Edge 530 Public Beta 5.51 Now Available

A new Beta software (5.48) for the Edge 530 has been released. Full change log, instructions, and software for installing the beta can be found Here.

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

(Note: Please include a copy of your debugging folder in your response email if you experience any issues)

Changes made from version 5.50 to 5.51:

• Added diagnostics to monitor field performance.
  • How about fixing the weather toggle on iphones.  I constantly get small craft alerts 2-3 times per ride.

• Two resets today on 5.50 (will install 5.51). Also, at the end of each ClimbPro section it says Off Course. Part way through the same ride, my wife's unit lost all sensors.

How can an official release be less stable than all the preceding betas?

• Hello I'm having problems reverting to stable 5.50 release when I put the old firmware in the Garmin folder, nothing happens!

• Few rides since 5.50, no problems.

Strong advise to uninstall all apps and widgets, keep it as clean as possible and test. Also perform a soft reset. (left upper botton / 10sec, settings will maintain on device)

• My Edge 530 is stuck with 5.20 and it says "No Updates Available."

I tried connecting to my PC, but when I connect, I get the "connected" tones, followed by "disconnected" tones and my computer restarts. My Mac will not recognize it. The unit only says "charging." 

Yes, the unit is charged. Yes, I am using the cable that came with the unit. 

I tried doing a reset, that is what the Garmin support pages do. Now, I cannot get it to connect with Garmin Conect.

Do I have a lemon, or is this common behavior? I bought it at the Garmin store in my town. (I live in Taiwan)

• I think there is a regional variant on some Garmin devices where they run a localised firmware, and updates usually come a bit later. Not sure why - Taiwan may be in this region? will be able to confirm.

On the plus side, I'm on 5.20 as well (by choice, I've refused the 5.50 update), and 5.20 is at least fairly stable...

• Hi Matthew, fyi, I had another restart on my 530 when starting an activity. I have sent details to [email protected]