This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I sync GConnect to my 530 over wifi?

I use the GConnect webpage, not the mobile app. When I change things on GC and need to upload to the 530 I do the sync process. But it always tells me to connect my 530 to my laptop via USB. Is there a way to sync GC to the 530 over wifi?

thx

• I don't think there is a way to do that.  The wireless transmission requires the mobile connect app, which is only available for cell phones.  There may be a way to hack it, but I'm unaware of a way to do that.

• Does GE not not offer a way to configure a wifi network for your 530. Look under tool in GE for your device.

• Aweatherall: I see you are all over this forum. Thanks for jumping in to help solve problems! I'm learning a lot....

Yes, I used GE to set up wifi on the 530. I can download rides from the 530 to Garmin Connect (I use the GC webpage, not mobile app). That works well.

But when I try to sync GE running on my computer to the 530, it says to plug the 530 into my computer via USB. For example, when I create a segment on GConnect, then "send to device", it opens up GE. GE again says that I need to connect to the 530 via USB to transfer this new segment. When I sync via USB it works fine. But I was hoping this could be done over wifi. I may be missing something....

thanks again

• Just ignore the request to open Garmin Express. What it should do is place the item on the sync queue for that device. You can check what is pending in the queue by clicking on the watch icon in the top right hand corner of the Garmin Connect web page.

When the WiFi sync on the Edge is triggered it should then pull that item from the queue.

• Thanks for that work around. Seems a bit 'kludgy' to me, but if it works.....

When I finish a ride, I see that the ride is uploaded to GC automatically. Is this the 'WIFI Sync' you refer to?