This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reroute

It is annoying the reroute functions keeps telling me to turn, as I drive away from the route

Garmin Edge is really persistent in the "turning" solution, even if I drive away from the route for miles, it almost always try to guide me back through the path I have just followed. 

Obviously turning is always a good idea if you loose a route, though do not need a device to tell me.

Is it possible to force the edge to calculate another route (not u-turn) back to the route?

• When recalculation is set to enabled -you will eventually get a reroute - but it does not reroute you back to your route - it will route you to the destination. If it does take u back to the original route - it's probably because there was no other choice in routes. So ladies/gentlemen - if you want to preserve your route - do not make the mistake of relying on rerouting / recalculation....you'll lose your planned route.

Basically the unit prefers that you do a U-turn and go back to where u strayed off the course. 

Otherwise might be best to set recalculation to off and load the course and try to ride towards the colored route (hopefully it's clearly displayed). 

Another option will be to save a shorter version of the route - then when u stray you can load the shorter route and let the 530 route you to the beginning of the shorter route.

• I have a different experience as Machoman. Garmin Edge 530 is indeed really persistent in rerouting me to the point where I left of. Even if I'm approaching the original route at a point further down the road, it keeps directing me to another point on the course. Very silly! You just cannot rely on this feature blind. Just zoom out and look at the suggested reroute and decide if it helps you or not.