This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Re-routing. pretty much doesn't work anymore

Riding on a bike path and saw that he low pass ahead was flooded so took the next available right turn and looked at my $450 GPS tool for a reroute and it offered zero help to find an alternative route around the flooded pass...lucky there was a rider ahead and i followed him and was able to get back to the route. What could i have done in a situation like that - stop, cancel the route and play the route again with me being on the alternate route - that will take a good 5-10 mins of Faffing around (would be more painful when riding with others). The 530 should have detected i'm off the planned route and start to re-route ahead...but it didn't. it probably only reported an off-course message.

Red is the original planned route. Yellow route is the alternate route following the other cyclist. . The yellow route (alternate) was not displayed by the 530. The 530 should have re-routed to show an alternate route. I felt quite let-down by a $450 AUD tool.

I've seen reroutes from garmin edges before -> 520 Plus and it was laughable. Maybe that's why Garmin would prefer it's units not to reroute but simply show 'Off Course' as it can't perform a useful re-route. Garmin should offer a function to be able to regenerate the reroutes until a suitable route is found. An easy to access one button rerouting function when a reroute is offered.