This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 shows call alerts, but not text alerts

Former Member
Former Member

My wife's Edge 530 will display call alerts but not text alerts. Calls show up in the missed alerts, but no record of texts. Edge's firmware is up to date, and iPhone is running 13.3.1. Connect app is v4.28.1.1

Really puzzled why call notifications show up but not text messages.

• There is a setting to choose what type of notifications you get. This setting is on the Edge if I recall in the Phone settings. You can choose to be notified for several types of notifications - phone calls, email, messages, weather, social media, etc. You probably have the message setting turned off. Be warned if you do not use the default messaging app on your phone you may need to activate notifications for other apps to get them from your specific app. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Martin868

I do have text message alerts enabled on the Garmin. Weather and social media alerts work correctly, and I'm using the stock iOS messaging app on my phone. I posted this question on my twitter feed and another person mentioned seeing the same thing on their 520+. My two Wahoo units display text and call alerts just fine, FWIW.

• There are quite a few things you can try here. I am quite sure your are missing a setting in iOS or the Edge.

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=jusyWiwXtF4512Rb8jnLOA

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Martin868

I made sure my settings matched the ones in that support article, but no luck.

• Go to your wife's Garmin Connect app on her phone, select "settings", select "notifications", select "app notifications", make sure your text messaging app is on the apps enabled to send notifications to your device.  This is how it works on my Android GC app.

• This is still not working for me, anyone got this resolved?

• Did you follow the link I provided above, and complete all the steps ? Some one in iOS settings, some are in the Connect Mobile App, and some are on the Edge itself. Quite a few things to check to make it work. 

• I'm using iOS and there are elements in your doc that are not on my phone (I have the latest iOS and iPhone XR)

ex: on Step 1.5, after I clicked the i icon, I only have Disconnect or Forget This Device as options.  

Step 1: Check Bluetooth Settings

1. From the iPhone, select Settings

2. Select Bluetooth

3. Ensure Bluetooth is toggled on, then proceed to step 4 for iOS 13 or higher

4. Under MY DEVICES select the "i" icon next to your Garmin device

5. Toggle Share System Notifications to on

Could that be the problem?  Everything else looks the same as the link (and sub-links)

• The Edge makes two bluetooth connects, a BT and a BLE. The option is under the BLE connection which remains active during a ride. The BT connection is then inactive. It is active to upload rides and such. So make sure you look at the BLE connection and not the other one when locating this option.

• I also have an XR, and I am having the same problem with my Edge 530. Just won't show SMS notifications, I've tried everything here!! Still shows calls though..