This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep mode not working correctly anymore?

Hadn't used my Edge 530 since the fall.   Charged it last week and used it.  It updated to the latest 5.1 version and GPS.  Seemed to work fine.   Recharged it to 100%.   Used it on 3/16/2020.   It was down to about 70%.  Put it in Sleep mode.  Went to ride 24 hours later and the battery is dead.  Charged it again to 100%.   Put it in sleep mode overnight, 8 hours.   Woke up and it wouldn't turn on.  I had to hold power for 10 seconds.  Then it turned on, but battery was down to 60%.   Is this normal?    Should I just stop using sleep mode?  I remember sleep mode working better last summer.

• No one else having this issue?  weird...

• Similar issue where my 530 appears to go to sleep and never wakes. Just this morning, was at 90% battery. Went for a 6 mile ride. Came home and an hour later, 530 wont turn on. 

• I had the same issue this winter. I think it might be related to my light network (Varia  + Bontrager Ion 200 rt), it seems to keep the unit alive.
    I always shut it down now since sleep isn't saving the battery.

• I had the same issue this winter. I think it might be related to my light network (Varia  + Bontrager Ion 200 rt), it seems to keep the unit alive.
    I always shut it down now since sleep isn't saving the battery.

• The last few days I've been powering off rather than sleep mode.   It's kind of a pain to do, because autosleep was so convenient.

• Mine stays on, previously after doing an activity I would press the button to go through all the stats, so it would save and upload directly via wifi, and a few minutes later it would go to sleep, what I have noticed its staying on, whilst inside GPS is trying find satelites and I think that is what is draining the battery, because when I'm outside having riding or having coffee there is less draining happening. also a week or so ago there was GPS firmware update, (not edge530 firmware) is that what is causing the battery draining ?

• I tried using sleep or auto-sleep this week and woke up one morning to the battery being dead after having more than 80% the night before with no activity since then.

Something definitely changed with the newer firmware.  Last summer I didn't have this problem.

Powering off manually every time seems to work, but really disappointing when you are ready to go for a ride and the battery is dead after being almost full the day before.

• Should I try the beta?  I'm on 5.10 right now?

• Seems they re-introduced a bug. I have the same issue. Went for a ride, after the ride I completed my activity and left the unit. Normally it would auto-sleep with battery being at the same percentage when I want to go for a new activity. Now the battery was drained.

I was kind of dissapointed because I had to charge it before I could go ride.

I've had this bug before, just when they released this unit. Workaround will be to turn it completely off after each ride.

• I have been using the 5.34 beta for a few weeks and this issue has not reoccurred.  Seems like the beta fixes this, for now.