This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 stops recording data just after starting Strava starred segment

On two occasions now my new 530 has in effect frozen approximately 16 seconds after starting a live Strava segment that has been starred.

No distance, no HR,, no cadence etc. It still manages to store the actual GPS location and the timer keeps going, such that I get awarded KOM's and Flybys shows the full journey.

Incident 1 was only 1.4km from home and granted I started the timer the second I got out of the garage on a very overcast day. It was recording and reporting fine up until starting the segment. The live feedback still worked because the entire segment (12.5km long) it told me how I was tracking +/- seconds etc and immediately reported "PR" at the end. Then I ntoed it was still reading 1.4km (or a bit more because it froze 16 seconds after the start). and my average speed was reported at about 4kph vs the 45 I had just been doing.

Last night same thing it was different in that it stopped recording about 15 km after the start, but again 16 seconds after commencing a starred segment, However I had already passed through earlier segments without issue. Clear skies last night.

It's frustrating because although I get awarded official split itmes there is nothing to compare against (flat lines etc).

• After having nearly a year without fault, the above issue has reappeared again. Right after a firmware update. Has no one else encountered this?

• I should note that the data actually records. It just does not display on the unit nor when uploading to Strava. Strava Flybys shows my icon correctly moving through the course, but all the intermediate segments show zero speed. Yet if I export the GPX file from Strava, then upload it back in, everything shows up fine.