This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bluetooth woes: connected but not paired

Hi All,

I've just got a new phone, but can't get my Edge 530 to pair with it in the Connect app. Old and new phones are both Android, running the same version of the OS (9). If I start the pairing process with the Garmin Connect app, it just says pairing failed after displaying the correct 6 digit code on both devices.

If I pair the Edge with the system settings, than they connect, and the phone appears in the status menu of the Edge, but it is still not "paired", it is not getting weather data, grouptrack and other features are missing. Also it will not reconnect automatically. I have tried everything (turning everything off, on, removing the Edge from known devices list, reinstalling the Connect app, even resetting both devices and switching back to the old phone, and trying to pair that again to see what happens. Nothing seems to help. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• Same here. Was working fine and then lost connection last weekend. Tried resetting the Garmin and even did a complete reset of my phone to no avail. 

Pairing process goes as far as confirming Bluetooth pin and then the connection fails however the edge still shows in my Bluetooth settings as connected. What phone are you using? I'm using a Huawei p20pro with android9. 

My forerunner 645m connects without trouble with Garmin connect app....

• My old phone is a Huawei Mate 9, the new one is a Honor 20 Pro - but just did a test with a Nexus 6P running Android 8, got the same problem there. It is tempting to blame Huawei here, but the Mate 9 was working before I tried to switch over to the Honor.

• Which firmware are you running on the Garmin. I've tried the most recent Public one and the beta and both have the same result. 

Tested on my wife's phone (oppo Reno android9) and it connects instantly... 

Does feel like there's an Huawei issue 

• Tried it with both the official 5.10 and the public beta 5.28. Might be a Huawei issue, in this case it is connected to a recent patch, upgrade or something, because I had the Edge 530 paired with my Mate 9, but that pairing was done last September. It would be so useful to see an error log or something...

• Okay guys, after some testing and searching I have found a solution! The source of the problem is the new Garmin Connect app, which is not totally compatible with Huawei/Honor phones. So what you have to do, is first, uninstall the app, then download an older version (4.22 seem to be perfect) from APKMirror.com. Install, then pair the phone with your Edge device. After pairing you can update the Connect to the current version using Google Play Store, and enjoy the working connection between the phone and the Edge Slight smile

• Thanks for this tip.  I was having problem getting my LG V60 to fully connect and this solution worked.  Thank you.  I wish I would have found it last night before I reset my phone.