This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cycliq Fly12 and Fly6 Setup

I just got the Cycliq Fly12 and Fly6 combo for my Edge 530.  There are a couple of post with basic information but I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to set up the whole combo well?  Couple of things that would be nice:

Is there a way to not turn on the lights every time the Edge unit comes on?  This would be nice for all of the indoor rides I do.

Has anyone mapped what the different Garmin settings (Auto, High Vis, etc) to the Cycliq settings (Steady, flashing, hi, med, lo, etc)?  I want my headlight to be steady and taillight to be flashing at night but there doesn't seem to be a way to get that combination.  

Thanks in advanced

• I've had the Fly6 and 12 for while. I could never get the full combo working properly so I contacted them. They told me that one Fly device will work fine, but when you connect 2 it doesn't work as expected. That was about a year and a half ago, but none of their firmware updates have corrected the issue. I've found it much less frustrating, and way more reliable, to manually turn them on and off. I've disabled all the modes that I never use in the Cycliq app, and then the using the power button brings me back to the last used mode. Not as advertised, but it works.

• I agree with you, I have been unable to get the Light Network to function properly with my FLY12CE & FLY6CE. The network would go in and out and cause unnecessary battery drain on the Cycliq’s. Also it cause issues getting the Cycliq’s to turn on and off properly. Ended up turning the Light Network option off for now. Maybe this new release 5.5 has fixed some of the issues. We shall see.

• My Fly12 CE was working great with my 530. I had it in Auto mode and it would switch seamlessly from flashing light during the day to a steady beam at dusk/evening. Loved that the Garmin would turn all that on and control it. This has all come to an end with the recent update to the 530. I have now disabled the light network and control the FLY12 manually. Any ideas as to what’s went wrong?