This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import Saved Locations?

Hi,

I am looking for a way to import saved Locations to the Edge 530. With my F6 I use Garmin Explore on my phone and transfer all the saved locations. However, the Garmin Explore app does not support the Edge series.

Adding the locations manually is a PITA using the two buttons to scroll.

Thaks

• You can copy the locations from you F6 to the 530.

Take the file from the Locations directory on the F6 and place it in the NewFiles folder on the 530.

• Thanks. I thought about this workaround as well. Will try it today.

What would happen with someone who has no Locations.fit saved from a compatible device? For this to work, the followig has to be done

1.) Create POIs on Garmin explore on the phone
    2.) Sync changes to Fenix 6 over BT
    3.) Connect F6 to a PC and copy Locations.fit to PC
    4.) Connect Edge 530 to PC and add the F6 Locations.fit to the E530

Or if I wanted to navigate somewhere, but have no access to my computer?

I know one major difference between the 830 and the 530 is the ability to search addresses and POIs. So does that mean that the E530 is rather meant to navigate us along the routes we create, and by chance back to the route when we are lost? And that the E830 is the one with the real navigation potential?

I find this artifical software restriction somewhat frustrating.

• Another option is Garmin's BaseCamp. I think you could use that to add locations.

The 530 has the same navigation functions as the 830 it just does not have the address and POI data base. It will create a route to one of your saved locations. The Edge has a limit of 200 saved locations so there are only so many locations you can manually add.

There may be a Connect IQ app add that allows you to import a location. Another option is creating a route on your phone and then loading it to the Edge. There are a number of Connect IQ apps that do that.

• In Connect IQ I just found an app called 'Sendpoints'. You can find the  location from phone or PC and just enter 4 digit code from Edge and location is added.

Seems to work pretty well!

• Thanks for that!

• My app does the sendpoints stuff and some other stuff too.

sites.google.com/.../grouteloaderiq