This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Constant blue arrow and beeping while riding

I'm a new 530 owner and tried to take it for a ride today. I was constantly faced with the screen below: a blue arrow facing to the right and incessant beeping. I tried following a course, doing a timed workout, doing a distance ride... nothing helped. 

The GPS seemed to be working fine since it was actually showing me the right turn-by-turn directions. The hill climbing feature was working too - correctly showed me climbing the hill.

Any ideas? I cannot figure out how to get this to go away and it beeps about every 4-5 seconds while riding (!)

• The green arrow is letting you now that recording is active and typically shows after you come out of an auto-pause state.

• Thanks.  It was most annoying as I was running it on an ancient trail with frequent farm gates so was stopping and starting. The manual is not very helpful on telling you what these graphics mean (or other 'unhappy paths' through the system and whether the GUI features are just info or some kind of warning. The manual only tells you where to find the settings, but NOT what functional or GUI behaviour they lead to. Some user education videos ("Janet and John follow trails in the woods with a Garmin Edge") rather than glossy sales videos would really help.

• Experienced the same problem first time I used the 830. Thought it might be that I hadn’t ‘said start’, so given that it’s a touch screen device, I tried pressing the blue arrow, expecting that would start the timer. It doesn’t. Shame. Missed a trick there Garmin.

• It was that small detail you provided that cured my issue! I did not realize there was a button that was not on the face of the device. I kept tapping on the blue arrow and it would go off for a minute, and then it would start flashing again and beeping. I just tried it with that button and realized there was a button there, which I was completely unaware of. This is on a Garmin edge explore 2 which I just purchased, and I was going to return! Thank you for saving me from this!!!