This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

firmware 5.24 battery usage

While i don't have any scientific measurements my gut feel tells that 5.24 firmware somehow depletes the battery faster - i noticed my battery level going down quite fast on 5.24.

• Yeah, initially my battery usage was high, around 8% per hour of cycling, up from around 4%.

After a handful of cycles, it's come back into the normal ballpark... I'm going to give it some more time and see.

A easy battery logging function I'm using is that found in the IQ Data screen, MY EDGE2. I have it loaded to a Data Screen but have said data screen disabled. The result is my Activities still have a battery logging graph. This makes it easy to monitor average battery consumption over several rides

• What you are seeing maybe due to light conditions in the northern hemisphere this time of year. In overcast or gloomy conditions the unit will take more power to drive the display.

• I'm in the southern hemisphere, with very bright desert conditions, with the unit set to 20% backlight for 15sec only.