This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Are you using the button on the bottom left?

What for do you use it? So far I’ve never seen the purpose of it. 

also is there a way to see which path (I.e. gravel, tarmac, ...) I’m going to ride on a planned tour? The tour is shown in the same colour everywhere such that I cannot see what the path is made of 

• The button in the lower left corner is the lap button.  I use it all the time when riding multiple laps over my hill interval course. 

• So it’s mostly for road racers who ride the same lap several times?

It would be awesome to configure it to something else for other users, e g a shortcut to the map. 

• Not necessarily road racers.  I don't race but I use it all the time.  Say you record a ride with a 10 minute warmup, a 2 hour training ride and a 10 minute cooldown.  You can use the lap button when you start and finish the training part of the ride to see only the speed, power and other info where you were working hard.   

I don't believe there is a way to reconfigure this button.   

• Yeah, currently that’s not possible. It would be a nice upgrade though Slight smile

I’m more of a generic gravel rider - I want to do sports, I keep an eye on my pulse etc, but I also want to enjoy just getting out into nature. Hence I don’t have that much of a need for laps 

• Like olson917, I use it quite frequently.  When pushed, it latches all the time since last push as a "lap" independent of whether you are going around in circles.  With that you can see all the details of each segment or lap.  I'll use it to mark when I get to the top of a 45 minute climb so I can see how this day compares with other days.  I have friends who hit it at the bottom of a climb then at the top to see how they did on each climb segment.  Just for personal comparison, we are just strong recreational riders, not racers.

• Similar to I use the lap button all the time as a sort of waypoint marker during an activity.  You can break up your ride into data summary blocks this way if it is something you may want to geek out over later.  For instance, I'll often try to press lap each time I transition from asphalt surface to unpaved/singletrack while mountain biking.  Or during long rides I'll hit lap during each major break or stop.  Or to register when I had to refuel or mix a new bottle of energy drink.  During long distance race events, I'll press it at each aid station to track that point-to-point data.

• if you hold it down it also lights up the screen without doing anything else. 
    Very useful for riding at night and wanting a quick glance at what's happening! 

the lap function, if you have it synched to connect on your phone can do voice announcements. I have mine set up so that it tells me my average speed (over the entire ride). 
    Works quite well for that. 

• Yes. During Workouts you can set up rest/recovery intervals(when you create the workout) to hold for the duration until Lap Button Press. The benefit of this is when cycling outdoors you may have to deal with stoplights, pedestrians, turns etc, so this lets you hold on the easier/slower rest interval effort until you have open road ahead. Once it's safe press the lap key and smash it!