This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

530 Sensor Dropouts

Has this problem been solved? I see some older discussions on it. I am getting continuous dropouts on my Garmin 530 via Ant+ with my Tacx Neo . Garmin 520 and  520+ work just fine with it My Wahoo Elemnt is fine, even my Hammerhead Karoo works nicely. H/R is fine on the Garmin 530. It is just Cadence, Power and Speed.

• No, it hasn’t be fixed with 5.25b unfortunately. This is my TrainingPeaks diagram with power drop outs. Workout was done yesterday with 5.25 beta on 530 Disappointed

• I had (I think) this happen to me today using Beta 5.26, I sent the information to edge.beta

• Hi,

I can't see power dropouts on your screen. I think You had problem with your heart rate monitor probably ...

• yeah, no power meter -- just HR (chest), cadence and speed.  During the drop-out period, I attempted to utilize my Fenix 6 optical HR in broadcast mode and that was not recognized either.  Stopping / restarting the activity resovled the issue after a few minutes.

• great.. I will try it.

• I didn’t try newest beta so far but the older one 5.34 had the issue with sensor dropouts.

With 5.34 was better but dropouts still existed.

Tomorrow will try with last beta.

• This has not been solved and Garmin locked the other blog on it.  My Garmin Edge 530 kept connectivity with the Sensor 2 Cadence and Speed Sensor but dropped my heart rate monitor about halfway through the ride.  Frustrating.  You would think with discussions that are over 1 year old this would be solved by now but I guess nobody cares.

• Still the same here, got a brand new 530 for Christmas, this is losing connection to my Tacx (Garmin!) Neo randomly, or keeps telling me "Sensor found" (the Neo), while I´m using it. I will send the 530 back, as there has not been one single problem with my Wahoo Bolt for the last 3 years Unamused  

• I post this for others. I've been going through this all of a sudden.

I've narrowed it down to 2.4ghz interference. (Personally, I only get this problem indoors.)

First, I turned off all connected features I didn't need (turn off phone connection and wifi on Garmin, turn off wifi on iPhone and laptop, turn of bluetooth on the laptop). That worked 100%.

Lately I've narrowed it down to the 2.4ghz channel on my laptop (2013 MacBook Pro). I changed my laptop's wifi connection to the 5ghz channel on our router and the sensor dropouts go away 99%.

I would look for any 2.4ghz interference (wifi, microwave, bluetooth).

I also have bluetooth headphones and they seem problematic when connected to my laptop. I haven't experimented enough though to know for sure.

• Interference might be the actual cause but the root of our problem is some Garmin change around version 8 as the reports of sensor connection dropping (and my own personal experience of it) only gets more prevalent around that release. There were previous less frequent reports and these could have been due to interference in some users environments but prior to V8 I never saw dropouts but can now get them multiple times per indoor ride in the same environment. PS I never have the phone or wifi connected while riding, my indoor riding is in a dungeon reinforced concrete garage with no wifi signals and very weak mobile coverage, my only connection is ANT to the Garmin and sensors, trainer  .