This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heads up new features I really appreciate

Thank you garmin for adding the long press to zoom map - really speeds up checking the map

also thanks for disabling light network in indoor mode - hopefully I won’t now find my light depleted by my turbo sessions when I go to get on my outdoor bike from the garage.

great work keep it up.

now you just need to sort out the bug in the garmin connect android app. Connection  to head unit is very bad at the moment. I currently have to turn my phone off and back on to get edge and phone to connect every time. Probably only the last month or so. I have and pixel 3 phone so running stock android so you can blame some random android version.

wish I had realised earlier this was the problem as I reset edge 3 times to try and sort it out.

thomas

• I have similar connectivity issues between my Pixel 3 and my 530. 

I am beginning to think it's a problem with the phone though because often seemingly unrelated Bluetooth events clear it up. For example, one time disconnecting my Bluetooth headphones did the trick and the 530 was able to connect. Another time turning Bluetooth on and off worked.  My Whoop 3.0 connectivity has also been a mess one and off for a couple of weeks. Sometimes a phone reboot works, sometimes it doesn't.

One of the symptoms that may or may be related I see is really strange - the date and time on the 530 goes way off - one indoor ride I did this morning at 5:45am was saved as having been done yesterday at 7:19am. There was another of these incidents a couple of weeks ago, again with a ride showing as being the day before.

• You could be right but I my case some Bluetooth items are rock solid like my Sony headphones while others my fuji camera will not connect( that app does have terrible reviews about general connectivity issues though). Pixel 3 and edge was rock solid until last 2 months so some update some where seems to have broken it.

• Long press select button and map zoom tools come up on map. Much quicker. I got a message on device telling me this so assume it's a new feature

• Yes - this works well. Long press of the top right button and the zoom bottoms appear. Very useful and appreciated feature.

Actually this feature appeard in the 520 Plus.....but somehow it arrived late in the 530.