This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

530 will not finish bluetooth app but is connected to phone. No save after rides!

Lost phone connection so re connect on 530. Now I get phone but cannot the app which asked power, heart, etc. The reason is it asked what wrist and I cannot finish the connect so no iq connect or save to phone after ride. Help!

• I'm having trouble fully understanding your problem, sounds like rides won't upload after losing and then reestablishing bluetooth connection between your Edge 530 and the phone GC app?  I've noted rides not uploading myself when phone connection drops and reestablishes as well.  But usually a reboot of phone and/or Edge solves this because they reconnect normally afterwards.  Sometimes I'll do a manual upload of the activity via the Edge device (Settings - History - <navigate to ride that needs uploading> - Upload ride.  

• I think Bluetooth reliability largely depends on your phone's Bluetooth version.  In my case, I can't upload from my 530 as long as my Fenix 6 is connected to my phone.  I have given up on using Bluetooth from the 530.

It's actually easier to connect the Edge to a WiFi hotspot on my phone than doing the kabuki dance of disabling/re-enabling bluetooth on the watch and phone to get everything synced up (or just let it upload via WiFi when I get home.)

• Thanks. That may be an issue for me with the Vivoactive 3 is on all the time too. I would imagine that Garmin wants us to have more than one of their products and they should work in tandem. 

• What I've heard about this is that some phones only support a limited number of bluetooth connections at any time.  For example, my Pixel XL (original) only can handle 1 device at a time whereas Samsung Galaxy S8 and newer seem to support 4 or 5 (or maybe more??).  This situation seems to be a limitation of the phone rather than Garmin per se.