This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to display power and cadence on Edge 530 when doing a Training Peaks work out?

Although the power and cadence target is programmed in training peaks, the Edge 530 does not show the target cadence for the respective interval.

Is there a way to display the cadence and power in the data screens?

• If you are asking if you can show your current cadence, yes that is a data field you can add to one of your screens. As for showing the target cadence, I'm not a Training Peaks user, but I would guess the issue is that Garmin cycling workouts only support 2 targets for an interval. One of them determines how long the interval will be (i.e. time, distance, burn a certain number of calories, etc) and the other would be things like a certain power zone, heart rate zone, or cadence range. So if your interval were for example 10 minutes in power zone 2 at cadence 80-90 Garmin workouts will support time and power or time and cadence, but not all 3. It looks like Training Peaks has chosen to prioritize the power target over cadence.

Though like I said I'm not a Training Peaks user so someone else may have a solution that will work.

• No. There is no way to show 3 target values on Garmin (I was a Wahoo user and this was possible with the Bolt, so disappointing when I found it is not possible with Garmin).

What I do (while Garmin realizes that workouts are done by time + cadence + HR/PWR) is to use a custom data screen with time+cadence+target HR. The target cadence value for each interval either I memorize it or use Race Notes IQ app in another data screen.