This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 Public Beta 5.03 Now Available

Download

View installation instructions

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.02 to 5.03:

• Fixed an issue where sensors would not connect to Connect IQ data fields after powering on the device.
  • Istallation instructuon link is broken.

1. Connect your Edge 530 device to your computer using the micro-USB cable.
    2. Download and unzip Edge530_502Beta.zip and place the GUPDATE.gcd file in the \Garmin folder of your device's internal storage drive.
    3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the Edge, and wait for the update to finish.
    4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, follow the above steps but place the GUPDATE-500.GCD file in the \Garmin folder. Rename the file to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device.
      NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • that was from the edge 5.02 beta forum

• I was using 5.03 without issues for about a week.

Today, it will not boot.  

It never gets past the initial screen where the Garmin logo is displayed along with the battery percentage.  

A dot pattern of 1-3 lights cycles at the top.  At the bottom, the text reads, "Loading courses, workouts, and locations".  

I can indeed force the unit to USB mode.  

The first time I did, Garmin Express says the sync was successful.  

There are no files in the subdirectory "Courses" 

I have deleted the single file in the subdirectory "Locations".

I have deleted all of the files in the subdirectory "Activities". 

Via Garmin Express, I have re-installed the Trailforks 2018.20 and Routable Cycle Map of the United States 2019.20.  

It seems like there is a corrupt file.

Any suggestions to enable normal booting again?

I would rather not do a factory reset. 

Cheers

• my HRM TRI disconnects from 530 and i cannot connect it again without replacing the battery 2032 from HRM TRI for 10-15 minutes. my 945 also cannot connect and find HRM TRI after this disconnection