This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Navigating to a destination feature

How can the “navigating to a destination” not be a feature in a $299 awesome device? Why can’t Garmin add that feature on the Garmin Connect app? So we can type the address on phone app then we can send the route to the device like you CAN with courses created manually? Is there a work around? I’m testing several bike computers before deciding which I’ll keep and the cheap ones have that feature available. Isn’t it a basic GPS feature? We already can send routes to the device after creating a course... how come we cannot choose a destination to go to from our current location and get that route on the device? This must be key feature that’ll make me make up my mind about the device I’ll keep.

• this! Unbelievable that it is not possible.

• I tested this function only once on my old edge1000 and it did a terrible job. I deliberately chose a destination about 10km away but on the same road i was on, as i wanted to see how long it would take. it should have been a straight route with one tun onto a side street at the very end. The course it plotted had multiple turns zig zagging across the main road. I did not have anything on the "avoid" feature so wasn't that. I remember thinking that a garmin car device from 10 years before that could do that pretty well.

In summary, you are better off using an app on your phone as suggested.

MB

• Hmmm... I am using navigate to adress on my 830 quite regularly and find it works very well

I dont know why it is not available on the 530 but on the 830 it is very easy and well to use... no phone need, direct input of the adress on the Edge... and go. 

So far it always found the way well enough

• It is not available on the 530 as the 530 does not have the POI/Address map. This is one the reasons for the prices difference between the 530 and 830.

• The POI image that contains addresses is part of the 830 and not the 530. That and the touch screen are really the 2 differences between the 530 and 830.

And the elevation screen y-axis scaling which is STILL ONLY on the 830 after more than 2 years !!!

• I realised this missing feature this week, I'm amazed, Garmin is a navigation company but I can't navigate to an address. Like someone said it should be a connect phone app feature, select address then send ride to 530.... I've come from Bryton that had this feature and it worked brilliantly, kinda embarassing for Garmin