This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Workouts Don't Automatically End Activity

Hi,

I ran my first workout on my Edge 530 today; I was using the default "Indoor" profile and it appeared that when the workout finishes (saw the "Workout Complete" banner) it doesn't automatically end (or pause) the activity, it just slips into another lap with no goals. My old Edge 800 and 820 would both stop the activity on the assumption that you're done and thus go on to the Save/Discard ride screen.

Is this the intended behaviour or a bug? I'm running the latest (non-beta firmware (v4.10).

Many thanks, Adam

• This by design so that you do not need to build a warm down period into your workouts. You can just warm down and then stopped the activity when you wish.

• Really, are you sure about that? It seems like a strange a regressive move to change that functionality all of a sudden? You always had the option of restarting the activity if you wanted an extra cool-down period.

• I'm pretty sure I remember the change going into the 1030, yes it is by design. If I recall one of the discussion threads was driven by users who ride out to location, do a workout and then ride back. They did not want the workout to end the session. For users that do want the end of the workout to be the end of session they can just hit the stop button. This makes it consistent whether you are doing a workout or not, the unit stops when you session when you tell it to.