This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto Resume issue

My use case

------------------

- 530 configured to auto start when reach 5mph.

- cycle to work,   upon stopping the device auto pauses

- I need to put device in sleep mode which forces me to stop the current activity

- 8 hours later I finish work and get on my bike, turn the garmin back on and it shows the current paused activity

- I start cycling and it never auto resumes,  I have to manually start the activity to resume.

bit of a pain and defeats the purpose of auto resume feature????

• more like an auto restart. it's likely they just never considered that scenario. auto start is for a new activity - resume is after a pause at a stoplight or something. This is neither really. They could do this, but it's not that surprising that it's not in there. I hope they see your comment and add it. 

• The timer start mode will not reactivate a stopped activity. Once you have manually stopped a timer you need to manually start the timer again or save the activity. Once you intervened you have taken control away from the auto features and it is now in a manual mode.

There is an auto-pause and and timer start mode. There is no auto-resume feature.