This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

y-scale on elevation-page

Dear dev-team,

Thanks for adding the really useful zoom-support for the elevation-screen!

What would be great for some next releases is an adaptive y-scale on the elevation-chart, e.g. this would look better with a proper y-scale:

thanks and best regards

Erwin

• Per 4.19 beta notes this is fixed.

• I think that is actually a different change to be smarter about the vertical placement of the profile.

• I have the same issue with SW 4.21 beta.

Maybe Garmin can fix this for the final SW release?

• smarter placement, that's exactly the point,

@sim-mh: do you know if it's fixed in beta 4.23?

• I installed SW 4.23 beta and the chart looks much better now.

Nevertheless, I think this fix is not included in Garmins's change log...

• thanks, that looks much better now

• Well I got my 530 a week ago, mostly impressed (other than the lack of elevation scale adjustment). How do you get the different shading on the elevation screen, I assume related to grades? Mine just shows the climb profile in all green. Only a few rides so far, not much elevation, does the y-axis scale relate to the elevation variation over the distance of the x-axis , I have only seen 50m to date.

Not really impressed with climbpro, doesn't do much for me that an adaptive or controllable y-axis scaling could do,

• I have used the 530 for a few weeks now, some longer rides and I don't find the "vertical placement" of the elevation profile "smart" at all nor do I find the "climbpro" especially useful (not withstanding your excellent overview, thanks).

All (!) I really need is the ability to set both vertical & horizontal scales and have those respected throughout my ride without the 530 trying to be smart.

Please Garmin, how about a small update so I can set the vertical scale, you seem to have all the necessary code for this in the 830 so it should not be a big ask, how about as a special present to us on the second birthday of the 530s release.

Thanks

• I agree 100% with you. If you cant set the scale the function is pretty much useless. It has to be quite easy to fix.

I hope someone in garmin reads this types of comments to fix it. 

• @garmin can you please fix this - we would very much like to be able to scale the Y-axis on the elevation profile. This is particularly important for longer rides to be able to see where you are relatively on the course elevation.