This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge got stuck on shutdown

Hi,

when I wanted to shutdown my device, it got stuck there. There is the shutdown symbol which comes up for 1-2 seconds before it turns off, well, that symbol is on my screen now for over an hour :/

What I tried: Turn Unit on/off by holding power, press any button, hold any button, connect to PC, connect to PC while holding Lap-Button... nothing happens, shutdown symbol is still on screen.

It really sucks...

Anybody any suggestions what to do?

Thanks

• Of course, I found the solution couple of minutes after writing this post... whatever, maybe it helps someone in the future:

I had to hold the power button, but for a really long time. I guess 10s maybe. Then it rebootet.

• This happened to my 530 just now as well.  Thanks for posting solution!

Additional info:

- finished commute, in bicycle lockers, not near a WiFi (and my phone has no Internet), so after ride a few minutes later i put 530 to sleep.

- When i arrived at office, turned on 530.  Normally it connects to WiFi and/or my phone and starts uploading the commute.  This time it had no connectivity to my phone or local WiFi.

- Powered 530 off, and this is where it got stuck.  Used the 'hold power for 10 seconds' 530 rebooted; connected to phone and local WiFi, the commute was now uploaded.

-Ed

• About once a week my 530 will fail to come out of sleep properly, basically the ANT+ won't resume. Only option is to power cycle, and then I get this exact behaviour. Press and hold the power button for about 17s in my case. Device restarts and that's usually enough. Happens during rides sometimes which is very annoying

• Same thing randomly happens to my 530 with the 5.25 firmware.

Want to report this issue in case Garmin is paying attention to our posts. :)

• Thanks, worked for me too. Garmin should fix this

• Had the same issue today. After 88 km the device suddenly lost satellites. Once back home I shut it down and then it got stuck. Pressing the power button really long helped. My Edge 530 is on firmware 5.00