This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cannot turn on Cycling Dynamics with Edge 530 and Tacx Neo 2 as power meter

When selecting the Tacx Neo 2 as a power meter the cycling dynamics toggle on the details page of the power meter just spins when trying to turn on has anyone got this to work?

• As far as I know the Tacx Neo 2 does not support cycling dynamics

• As of update 0.27 last week, the Neo2 can now transmit L/R power data to a Garmin head unit (I have it working) and from what I understand, they are planning on implementing more advanced pedalling dynamics soon.

• I have seen the review on the Neo 2T and a future update will add pedal data, but currently there is no Cycling Dynamics support. 

Power Balance, Torque Effectiveness and Pedal Smoothness are not part of the Cycling Dynamics data set. Cycling Dynamics is power phase, peak power phase, PCO and rider position.

• Ok probably my terminology, see the attached link for the details : https://www.smartbiketrainers.com/tacx-updates-neo-2-with-ant-right-left-power-data-8741 However I have managed to get this (L / R power split) working now. I followed the attached details and while on the smart trainer and then added Cycling Dynamics while on the bike as  for whatever reason it needed have adequate power in order to pick up the split.

• Hi RScorer, how did you manage to resolve this? I have the same issue as you noted. I have the Tacx Neo 2 smart trainer and a Garmin Edge 530. Have connected as power sensor, then when I go to select cycling dynamics it spins to enable, but doesn't turn on... have disconnected and connected again, all firmware up to date, but can't resolve.

• Have you got the cycling dynamics screen hidden is it just showing nil values? It doesn't do the "Cycling Dynamics" it just sends some of the values. If your firmware is upto date and you copy what the guide is on the link, Power balance, torque eff and pedal smoothness should show up. You will definitely not get power phase, peak power, pco or rider postion.