This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can i force the map page to pop up?

I've got my TBT setup properly - but there are certain spots on the route where i would like to have the map page pop up automatically. Is there something i can do while plotting the route using RWGPS and plotaroute (a great alternative to RWGPS) that will make the map page pop up at a certain spot in the route? There are a few crossings and turns which the 530 does not recognise as a proper TBT so i am not getting a TBT instruction and the map page doesn't come up. What i have to do is I'm forced to change to the map page to see what to do next. If i can avoid this and have the map page pop up automatically would be fantastic. 

• I guess you could edit the course itself to put in a short radical turn, which will trigger a TBT pop-up?

• I don't think this is possible automatically but you can quickly change to the map manually if you have the remote control. It has a programmable button that can be set to map. I have mine set to map for a short press and elevation profile for long press. Not exactly what you wanted but it might be a workable solution. 

• Moreover , when following course a crossing point is reached, there's no way to distinct what path should be followed. It would be a great enhacment if , for example, course use 3 different colors, one for course, one for completed one, and one for the next unit map scale, ie: is map scale is 800 meters, put next  800 meters tof the course to be completed in a different color; that way looking to the map is really easy to determine with path should be followed.

• You could add specific course points for those locations and enable course points to be used.  At least then you would have a notification pop up even if the map doesn't.