This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Auto power-off

Yesterday I finished a ride and stopped/saved the activity. The Edge 530 went back to the "main" screen. I did not explicitly turn the device off. When I attempted to use the device this morning I discovered that the battery was dead. I seem to remember the Edge 520 having an "auto power-off" feature, whereby after a certain period of inactivity the device would power down. Am I remembering this correctly? Does the 530 have this?

Thanks!

• Becareful what you ask for - if you ask me i think Garmin already has too many features....and not all work 100% as advertised on the tin. I would prefer fewer functions but all working 100%.

• ok, so keep a feature that worked flawlessly on the 520 and don't add all the superfluous new features of the 530 that don't work.  your comment is fine but it doesn't apply to auto power off given the circumstances.

• this doesnt seem to be working for me anymore

• auto power off worked great on the last generation and wasn't buggy.

• I agree -- I would like this option. I've gone to start a ride and battery is dead maybe 6 or 7 times. I thought I had powered it off. If I accidentally didn't, it would be helpful if after some long period such as 12 hours or when the battery drops below some level like 20%, it powers down. 

• Yes please Garmin!  It's disappointing when this stops you using the device for its main purpose: to record a ride.  It has happened to me several times now.

• Also the only way you can tell if it is turned off is to turn it on if it is actually off.

• i have missed recording several rides lately. It’s so frustrating when you  realize the garmin didn’t turn off and is dead flat.  At the end of a ride I save the ride then leave it on so it can sync, but even in sync mode it flattens the battery in a few days.  I’m used to thinking the battery was charged right before my last ride so it will be fine, 

I have been through 5 edge cycling computers… do love the auto sync but hate there is no auto off.  
    Notmal process end ride, sync ride after sync device should switch off inside 15mins