This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sync via Bluetooth to iPhone not working - device seems to be busy

Got a new Edge 530, while initially setting it up, sync via Bluetooth to my iPhone worked once only. Now no syncing happens. If I try manually I get "Your device seems to be busy, and your sync request timed out. Try again later"

Well trying again later doesn't work. Same error

WiFi is turned off, so its not caused by that

I'm on the latest Edge 530 software, and the latest Connect Mobile

Frustrating! My 920xt sync flawlessly to my other phone

• Just to mention that I get notifications on the device from my phone, so something is working

• I have the exact same error, but on a 530 that I have been using successfully all summer.  I turned off off the wi-fi so it would just sync through the bluetooth, but that didn't fix the problem.

• Don't know if this is the correct / supported method of fixing, however, removed the device from the iPhone, removed the BT pairing in system, and then re-did the whole thing. A couple of rides later sync is OK. Sucks iPhone battery big time though

• I did the same procedure and it works. Make sure you remove all Edge 530 from iPhone and BT.

• I had the same problem.  Then this worked, and must be done in this order:

1. remove the Garmin530 inside the iPhone Garmin Connect app.

2. remove any Garmin 530 bluetooth connections inside the iPhone System app

3. the add the Garmin530 again but, as I learned from the Garmin site: this must be done through/inside the Garmin connect app on the iPhone (and not inside the iPhone System bluetooth):

- Put Garmin530 in pairing mode [Menu > Settings > Connected Features > Phone > Pair Smartphone to manually enter pairing mode.]

- Inside Garmin Connect app: add device and follow the prompts

Then everything seems to work.  [In the past, I added the Garmin530 through the iPhone>System>Bluetooth, so that may have been the problem?]