This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 can’t sync with connect IQ app

I can’t load and sync any widgets or data field via connect IQ app. It works fine with connect app. Any idea? I have iPhone 7. 

• Having same issue. Works perfect with Connect app, but not Connect IQ. My Fenix watch works fine with both. 

• Having same issue. Works perfect with Connect app, but not Connect IQ. My Fenix watch works fine with both. 

• I had the same issue when I just got my 530 and was fiddling around with it setting it up. In the process of setting it up and trying different apps and widgets, loading custom maps, etc, the unit crapped out a few times and restarted. It even got into a boot loop at some point. 

when everything was back to normal after a device reset and set up as new, I noticed that connect IQ app didn't see the unit although it was connected to phone via Bluetooth and synced just fine with G Connect. 

Eventually the only thing that worked was systematically removing the phone from the Edge. Then from my phones Bluetooth settings remove the edge. Then deleting both IQ and connect apps from my phone. Went through the whole hoopla of downloading the app and repairing the device with G connect app. Once this was done IQ app saw the device again. 

Hooray for stable device software, and solid mobile apps. Wow. Im too scared to install much if anything on my device because it seems to be very finicky. At some point, when I had any widget installed, seconds after entering the status window, the device would reset. Every time. V5.0 software. 

• The latest beta (5.03) supposedly addresses this.

• Where did you hear this because the release notes make no mention of it...

• Same issue with firmware 5.10.

Connection to Garmin Connect is established but Connect IQ cannot find the Edge 530.

For the record, a Fenix 3HR is connecting to Connect IQ with no problem.