This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sending a course from iPhone / Connect Mobile to Edge 530 doesn't work

Following the instructions, and I can create a course on my iPhone no problems, and see courses I've created using the web on my Macbook. I select the course, press, select my E530, but it never arrives. The filename is not over 15 characters.

Anything to try?

Thanks

• I'm loathe to try this again, since last time it may have been the cause of the BT sync stopping working. Does anyone know if its supposed to work?

• I suppose I should be clear that I am trying to create courses on my iPhone and send them directly to my 530 without the intermediate step of syncing to a computer

• I've used this many times and it does work (mostly) for me. When you send the course to your device do you see the big green tick saying that next time you sync your 530 then the course will be on your device? If you don't try it again, and again, and again, as sometimes it can that 3 or 4 attempts. By the way you don't even need to do this over bluetooth. If both devices are connected to your wifi then it should work that way too. Just keep trying and it should work!

• Well this is not only iOS problem. the same goes in Android app (huawei p20) -> Edge 530.

Previously with Garmin Forerunner 920XT it worked the same as Tramplite says, trying 3-4 times and finally you get the track uploaded. Now with this new 530 device it just does not work. In a bikepacking trip I stuck with this problem, tried reinstalling android app, resetting garmin device, removing and pairing devices again and again.. does not work. 

Can't understand how such a big company can't workout such reoccurring and very important bugs. These days there are so many alternatives that people won't wait in forums for 3 years untill its fixed, you just swap to another brand.

p.s. fro developer perspective, add some callbacks, in garmin 920xt usual problem was that there's not enough storage. so tell it! not enough storage, lost BT connection, something else.. now you must click it again and again like an idot, without knowing what happened. "Ready to roll"

• Please try Komoot. I haven't used it in anger but it worked the other night while i was testing it....just need a good bluetooth connection between mobile and 530.