This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

device seems to be busy

my new 530 will not sync with my iPhone, and the message on the iPhone always says

garmin 530 your device seems to be busy

so I am forced to manually import fit file to web interface of Garmin connect with usb attached device.  this sucks.

• This normally happens when the device is downloading an update. You just need to give it a bit of time and it should eventually sync the ride after the update is transferred to the device. For some reason they can't upload rides and download updates simultaneously. Given 4.10 just came out, hopefully it's that it is download the update and not another issue.

• sorry, 4.10 was already on this 530.   

• so still is not syncing via bluetooth

• another ride, still shows "your device seems busy' and will not sync via bluetooth to iPhone.

• markrongstad you sir are not alone I am have and am still having the same problem, I have tried just about everything (currently still not working on V4.10) I know to fix it see my initial comments on this post and the screen shot I took of my Garmin connects saying the Edge 530 is busy.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-530/168596/sync-failed---device-connection-error

Here is how I resolved the issue and was able to upload my rides from my Edge 530.

1) Close the Garmin connect app on your phone

2) On your Edge 530 make sure you have WiFi connected and then go to History and upload all new rides

3) Disconnect WiFi on your Edge 530, and soft power off your device so it wont try using Bluetooth to your phone.

4) Open Garmin Connect app on your phone, the app will download the data from the web instead of over Bluetooth.

This is the only way I found the sync to work between my iPhone and the Edge 530, it appears that there is a conflict between Wifi and Bluetooth from the Edge 530 and the Wifi is winning every time. My Fenix 5 is Wifi and Bluetooth same as my Edge 530 however my Fenix 5 never has the same issue and the sync works perfectly every time. I know its a round about way of dealing with a software glitch but its better than riding for an hour and not having any data to show for it.

• I opened a chat session ..

the agent had me remove any potentially corrupt files of the edge (delete activity, apps, courses, newfiles and workouts folders. If you have any .bak or .temp/.tmp files, delete those as well.), then we removed the pairing and re-paired. 

• That didn't work for me. I had to unpair and re-pair

• Same issue on my FR 945. Had to disable WiFi by forgetting all of the saved WiFi networks on my Garmin, restart the watch, toggle Bluetooth off/on on my iPhone, and so far back in business.