This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I start a workout from training plan without having to choose a course?

Hi. I have set up a training plan in Garmin connect (just one of garmins ready made plans). When I want to go out and do the workout I can’t get the workout to start. I go through the options menu>training>training plan>select the workout scheduled for the day, from there I would have expected a start workout option but that’s not possible as the only options are find a course, weather and find a workout. I don’t want to have to set up and use a course but just go for a ride and do the workout at the same time. Even when I do choose a course and select ride it doesn’t display the workout data and appears that you are simply doing a ride. Please help. I assume I’m doing something really basic wrong. Thanks.

• Select the option to "Review Workout", then select "Ride".

• I have the same problem — “the only options are find a course, weather and find a workout”. Where is the Ride/Review Workout option?

• So do I. It's imposible to send training plan to device. Only single workouts.

• I have the same problem on only some workouts. On some of them, I can use the suggestion of mcalista to review the workout and ride it, but not on all of them.

I noticed however that all the workouts that were giving me issues were the recovery rides in my plan, that only have one step. I create a test workout manually with just one step, and added it to my calendar, and it had the same issue. If I create a workout with 2 steps and add it to my calendar, it works fine.

However, once the training plan has synced to the device, the only way I can make a workout work is by first deleting it from the calendar, syncing to delete it from the 530, and then add it back with an additional step and sync again.

Is there a bug report somewhere for this? I would be glad to help Garmin fix this issue with the data I have on my side.

• Here is the email address to inform Garmin of SW issues:

[email protected]

• Seems like you have to manually upload workout through GC app and then select it in 'Find workout'.

But dear Garmin, then why we need training plan at all if we have to do everything by hand anyways?

• Got it! 

I had the same issue I was syncing, resyncing, tried everything. After the workout, it doesn't even register with your scheduled workout on your training plan but as a separate ride.

Simple! Just restart! Worked fine! There was a one step workout which I wasn't getting on the Garmin (same issue it showed me the course option) but then I restarted it and went to the ride option as usual and that day's workout popped up and I had the option to do it

Once started, the time counter showed up for 1hr countdown (which was the duration of that workout)