This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

zoom/pan in map view keeps zoom level

hi forums,

when in map view and selecting pan/zoom and then browse map and browsing the map and zooming in or out there, the zoom level is set and when returning back to the map view the old zoom-level is gone. so i have to go back to pan/zoom and set zoom level to get the old zoom level back.

this is quite annoying. and as there is a separate set zoom level function why would the browse map function set the zoom level?

is this on purpose or just a software bug which will be gone in a future version?

thanks

• Also the same problem with me. Always stays on 80 m zoom or sometimes 200 m. Very annoying indeed.

• I'm not quite certain I understand the issue based on your description.  I'll explain what I am seeing and if it is the same as what you are describing, I've found a non-documented solution.

The map is at Zoom level A.  By going into the map pan/zoom, I zoom to Zoom level B (whatever you choose) and even pan around.  Then when exiting the zoom function by pressing the upper right button, the 530 goes back to A even though I changed it to B.  Very frustrating.  Is this what you are experiencing?

If so, there is an undocumented feature.  While in the map view, instead of pushing the upper right button once to get to the map settings, push and hold the upper right button.  After a few seconds of holding it, a + and - appear next to the left buttons.  Use them to zoom.  When at the zoom level you want the map to remain at, simply stop zooming and after a few seconds the + and - will go away and the 530 is now at your new zoom level.  The same methodology works to zoom the X-axis of the Elevation page.  Totally undocumented.  I found it by just messing around and seeing what would happen.

• Not sure if i'm doing it right - i tried your method but somehow it still continues to return to the 50m zoom in the next moment. The only way to maintain the set zoom level is when i disable auto zoom.

But Auto Zoom is so useful for when a turn comes up.....come on garmin....surely this can be improved.

• Yes, you must disable Auto Zoom for this to work.  If Auto Zoom is on, you've instructed it to auto zoom so it will.

• My assumptions about autozoom was that you will get the best of both worlds - normally it will be at your chosen zoom level, then will zoom (increase zoom) into a turn when a TBT notification arrives, then zoom back to your chosen level. So i am learning now that is not the case - so auto zoom will zoom back to 50m (that is the default for auto zoom?) and that can't be changed?

• Même soucis. J'ai le zoom automatique désactivé et le zoom revient à chaque fois à une valeur de 50m. Problème de version ? 

• I'm not 100% sure if I understood the issue correctly, but I had a similar issue, which is the following:

In the map data screen of an activity profile, I select Pan/Zoom, Set Zoom Level, zoom in or out - and then, there is no option to save it, I can just quit w/o saving. I do so and in consequence, the zoom level remains unchanged in the map screen.

This seems to be a work-around to permanently modify the zoom level of the map screen of an activity profile: In the main menu, select Navigation, Browse map, zoom in or out and return to menu. The chosen zoom level applies in the map data screen as well. (Remark: Auto Zoom was was set off.)

Maybe this helps with your issue?

• Thanks for sharing this workaround! I've had the same problem, your solution works like a charm. And beeing able to use it in the elevation screen too is awesame - very helpful!

• Yes! This! Seen it before on other devices... So irritating to zoom to get the bigger picture then lose it 1second later

• If you would like to change zoom level more quick, you can press and hold (2-3s) right top button. Then you can see zoom level options.

Then you can change zoom and confirm it by enter and they will lose.

Let me know if it is helpful for you ;-)