This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Whatsapp notifications?

Has anyone gotten Whatsapp notifications on the Edge working?
I've enabled it in the Connect App, the edge is connected (with livetrack working) but neither group nor direct whatsapp messages are displayed.

• Yes. They are working. You also need to enable the option on the device. You need to go to Settings/connected features/phone/smart notifications.

I'm not sure if Whatsapp comes under social media or other so I enabled them both.

• Thanks
    Apparently, Whatsapp is Social Media, which was disabled on the GPS. Go figure :)

• Thanks. Anybody know which notifications come under "social media" and which are "other"? I think "other" includes Apple iMessage while "social media" includes WhatsApp. That means that to get all text messages showing up you've got to enable 3 different smart notifications ("text messages", "social media" and "other") and therefore end up getting all the other notifications belonging to these categories on your Garmin device too! Why doesn't Garmin at least explain the categories in its documentation?!

• This is quite cumbersome. I always tell people to send me a text if they need my urgent attention while i'm riding as i would see it on the edge. I hadn't realised iMessage was a different category. For me to see text, iMessage and WA i would also have to see every email notification and a notification from every other app on my phone. That would be really distracting. I could reduce the number of notifications by turning some off but that would take a while and isn't really the point.

Is it possible to set your own iphone to  receive an imessage as a normal text ? 

MB

• It would be even better if we could adjust the Garmin Connect to decide which of the devices we have will get which notifications.

I own FR945 as well as the Edge 530.

I wish to get the WhatsApp notifications to my edge while the phone is away but not to the watch while I can reach the phone.

• It is working also notifications from Facebook messenger? (practically I want to upgrade from 130 only for what's up and messenger notifications, wich is not working on 130)

• The 530 can receive notifications from WhatsApp. 

• You can also choose which apps the Garmin Connect app on your phone will pass on to your Edge... In Garmin Connect, go to Settings > Notifications > App Notifications. I unselected all at the top, then just selected Messages, Messenger and WhatsApp