This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Circular course navigation, multiple laps?

Long story short. I have a course loaded to my Edge 530.  It's only 26miles and forms a loop.

What's best practice to use navigation, but complete multiple laps of the route?  Last time I followed the route when I reached the finish I just received the completion song and navigation ended.

Any advice?

Many thanks

• Thanks for the tips, so on the GPSVisualizer website you need to choose "Convert a File" and then Show Advanced Options and select : "Add artificial timestamps (e.g., for OSM or Garmin Connect)" you can use "bike speed" but anything will work I'm guessing.
    Clearly Route Creation websites are not designed to work with multiple loops like that, who would need to do that after all ;-)

• Im a bit late to the party here, but I was also searching for a way to do this (that doesn't involve editing text files)

I used plotaroute.com - created the route, used the side menu to choose "repeat a route", saved as .tcx and then imported to Garmin Connect.

I haven't actually used the route yet, but it 'looks' like it should work?

• The simplest way is create your course that you want to do and build in the multiple laps but when it comes to the final lap, do not have it with the finishing point on the actual route itself that you will ride over but off set it by about 100 metres. This way, the 530 will not get confused and think it's gone over the finish point whilst riding the laps.

But, I have found that, when I create a course with laps or build a course with laps that I have previously ridden, the 530 will get confused at some point and not know what lap I am on and then this causes problems with the likes of "Distance to Destination" etc.

This problem I found exists as long ago as the 800 came out and nothing has changed.

• Not sure if there's a better solution in 2022, but I did similar with the gpx file although the structure is slightly different but still XML based. Took 2 minutes.

thanks for the idea!!