This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IOS Select an Accessory trouble

Im trying to connect my new 530 to Garmin Connect. I already have my watch (935) connected to it. The app finds my phone right away but after i press start my Iphone shows a menu select an accessory but there is nothing to choose from...  Just blank space...I tried all sort of stuff turning my bluetooth on and off. Also the phone.... But nothing seems to work. Any ideas? If i search for device from phones bluetooth menu it finds it right away.

• How long are you waiting on that screen? In my experience it can take a couple of minutes before it shows up. Make sure the 530 is on the pairing screen where it tells you what to do on the phone and then give it a few minutes on that "select an accessory" screen. I've known multiple people who gave up too soon before it shows up. 

• Thanks for help. I will try it. I waited for aprox 2min which i tought was enough. I will try to wait longer. I hope it helps. 

Tnx

• Did you ever get this sorted? I’m having the same problem with a new Edge 530. 

• I finally got this to work. I first paired it in iOS with the standard Bluetooth connect with the Edge 530 in pairing mode. I then found the device in the Connect app with a notice that my "Device was not fully set up" which put me back into the connect pairing screen.  At this point I was able to sit on that "Select Accessory" modal window and finally get my device to show up.

YMMV

• Good grief--Garmin continues to amaze me with crappy software support: trying to update my quick text messages on my 66i and I have to navigate Garmin Explore, Garmin Connect, and Inreach website, and cannot get bluetooth connection. "Select an accessory" screen comes up blank, and until I stumbled in this page it never occurred to me that I have to wait for God knows how long for the 66i to show up..... But two minutes have passed, and no population of screen. Deleted and reloaded app; booted and rebooted computer, etc. Had to delete and reinstall device in Explore after finding that solution on a conversation that is FIVE YEARS OLD. This is about my fifth Garmin, and it is my LAST. 

• As best I can figure out, this finally connected to the utterly misnamed Garmin Connect by going to the regular Iphone Bluetooth sync, and once that identifies the 66i, you go to connect to finish the process. Took me 45 minutes of jacking around. But it's finally synced. Here's a thought, Garmin: One device, one program: Tab for Inreach, editing preset texts, and updating device. A tab for a basecamp function (not the idiot explore which doesn't let you accumulate hikes over the years); And a tab for utilities. And don't make a freaking satellite GPS dependent on Iphone apps--the reason I am using a satellite device is that I am wayyyy away from cell phone coverage. I feel about Garmin software like I feel about the Toyota V6 two-piece oil filter: designed by an engineer who had no business escaping the asylum. Sheesh. 

• simliar issue with my 520. I eventually figured out that I had to be on the select an accessory screen, THEN put the 520 in pairing mode, and it immediately shows up, and finishes sync. Nothing else I had tried, worked. i was stuck trying to figure this out for a month, especially since my garmin will no longer sync with my desktop (imac disconnects it immediately saying it draws to much power)

I echo the sentiment of others...might be my last garmin bike computer...it doesn't need to be this difficult.

• Yes, this fixed the issue with my 530 as well. I haven’t bought a Garmin in quite some time and this was my immediate experience. It’s always something with these guys.

• Hi, I am getting same issue. The Select An Accessory won't show me the list, just blank. The phone and Edge 520 Plus are paired and connected already but still won't show the list of "Select An Accessory" very frustrating already. Please help to show the steps you have done it could be the sequence of steps which comes first. Thank you.

• You just save my life! I been trying so many things to fix it (I have an 830) and finally got it, thanks!