This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Transfer course GCM>530 during activty

Today, I needed to use a custom course created on the phone. I ran into a relatively big issue - I was not able to transfer the course during an activity. GCM said that the course would be uploaded after next synchronisation. But you can't synchronise during an activity. Is there a workaround for this? I really need to be able to transfer routes from my phone to my device during activities. 

• So to answer my own question, it is not possible to upload a route to the device while an activity is running. 
    Wow! This is such a stupid limitation. Nevermind that getting any kind of decent route on mobile to GCM is a PIA because you need to use third party apps and GPX exporting, and GCM is generally pretty slow during this process, if you want to use that route in the middle of a ride, you need to chop up your ride into multiple activities. 

• Hi,

Today I found the same. I hope developers will solve this problem in future firmware updates but until now (Fw: 5.10) it still exist. Nobody like to slice long activity into multiple activities only because during long travel need to transfer new course from Garmin Connect App to device. I wish to developers are reading this forum.

Best regards
    Arek

• I ran into the same issue when I just got the device. I notified Garmin support about this in August 2019 and as always, they don’t consider this an issue. 

• Well it is possible, but very clumsy using a CIQ widget called GRouteLoader CIQ widget.

Details are described here: forums.garmin.com/.../sending-course-from-garmin-connect-to-edge-530-while-activity-in-progress

Tried it and it works - so for emergency purposes I am all set right now (ran into the issue two weeks ago after we hit a rain storm and had to replan the route on the fly).