This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava Live Segments not stopping automatically when the segment is finished

So, this is what's happening.

I've connected my 530 to Strava and my starred segments are transferred to my device, so far so good. When I go for a ride the segment pops up as expected and when I finish it, I'm getting the strava segment completed screen with my time. But, the strange thing is, my 530 is not stopping the segment, so when the strava screen is gone, it still thinks I'm on the segment or something and the timer continues.

The problem is that, with the segment still active, when I reach another one of my live segments (which are loaded on the device), it doesn't pop up anymore, so I cannot race it. So at the moment I've to stop every segment myself after I get the finishing notification to make sure that the next segment is working. This is probably not how it's intended. And also not how my 810 behaves. I'm on the latest official firmware (3.50), the climbpro function works flawless.

Anyone any idea? Thanks!

• I have exactly the same issue!  I'd really like to see the answer to this question.

• The same with edge 1030 

• Little update. It started working a week or two after making this post. The device updated the GPS/Glonass stuff, rebooted, and suddenly it's working. So no complete firmware update or whatsoever. But I'm not sure it had to do with the update or the reboot or if it's just being lucky.

• I am seeing the same behavior on my new 1030. If you manually stop the segment you just completed ,then the next segment will pop up automatically otherwise the next segment does not pop up. It also was not straight forward how to manually stop the segment after the strava segment completed screen. I managed to do it but can’t remember what I did. I haven’t updated any firmware. But , I have powered it off , so it must of rebooted on power up.

• I had the same issue on my 520 and now have the same issue on the 530.
    Update- it seems to have started working - I've not used the device since summer, so in December it looks like it is working, but needs to be tested more thoroughly.

Also I think there is a new 'Stop segment' option which I have done manually a few times, pretty sure this didn't exist before.

• My 1030 now is automatically starting the next segment after a segment is completed. I haven’t updated the sw, so maybe a power off reboot did the trick. 
  • Hello everyone, I've had this same problem for a while now. It's 2022, and this seems to be a problem that is several years old. Yet, I have not been able to find a fix. Seems like for most of you, the problem has disappeared in quite the same way that it occured - randomly. For me ,unfortunately, the problem persists.

Does anyone know a fix? Of course I'm running the latest firmware and have already deleted all segments on the device and re-synced them and all of the obvious, but still, segments don't stop after I'm done racing them...

I appreciate any feedback or help.