This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 530 Connectivity

Hi, I'm facing connectivity issues with my Edge 530. 

A ride last week, it disconnected from Power and Phone about 60km in and didn't re connect. Then today it dropped Phone, power and HR and wouldn't connect. When I got home, I switched it off and on then it re connected? 

Any suggestions? I see the new software should fix this, but when is that going to be available?

Simon

• Build 3.41 is available now as a beta

• I bought my 530 last week. I am having similar issues. I start the ride, it worked for ~20 miles then powered down and could not restart it until i returned home and plugged it in where it showed 88% of battery power left.

• I’ve had my 530 for about a month. Loved it until today.  Everything that uses a radio ANT, Bluetooth and WiFi) are not working.  HRM, power meter, speed sensor, connecting to the phone, connecting to WiFi, all dead.  The failures were sudden and complete which makes me suspect something in the 4.10 update or a latent failure in the hardware.  Trying to figure out how to do some diagnostics to her row down the suspects. 

• why is @Garmin being so silent on these issues and not offering a fix? Do I see Wahoo in my future?

• I am seeing this on firmware 4.10 as well.

Partway through the ride, I will lose all connectivity to both phone and HRM.  I definitely do stop/start the ride when taking a rest, and occasionally may walk with my phone out of BT distance...

Almost always, as well, when I try to power off the device (to reboot it, and hopefully force a reconnect) it gets stuck with the Power icon on the screen.  I then have to hold the power button for 10+ seconds to force a reset.

Whats going on Garmin!?!?   My Forerunner 935 has never had a problem!