This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Strava segments not showing while on course

As the title says I noticed that the strava seg,Mets are not showing while on course. What can I do to fix it?

I tried to import strava courses with the app but it always shows that the course is invalid. I believe there is a bug with the app 

• I used the sharing of routes today for the first time and had some problems. I didn't start the route from the beginning, I loaded it & started navigation (without any problems) partway into it. When I got to the first "Live Segment" everything seemed fine, but at the end of the segment the 530 shut down. I restarted it, and it was in "Stopped", so I hit the start button. Navigation worked fine. It did the same thing on the remaining "Live Segments", but came back on by itself. One synched segment did not come up. Of note, I had my FR935 going (no nav), and all Live Segments worked fine, but the 530 was about two seconds & a couple of hundred feet behind the FR935 in "distance to start" of each segment. Also, the map with turn directions would come up over the Live Segment" page, and could not be moved. On the last segment, the 530 had "PR finished" about five seconds into it (PR is 1:48), then the turn page came up, and the segment didn't show as finished for almost five minuted, but the time was correct. Finally, at the end, the 530 gave me a new FTP: 14.79 W/Kg, 1000 W, and a 20-minute power of 1,052 W.

I had used Strava created routed on the Strava Routes CIQ app recently, but none of the Live Segments showed up, although TBT etc worked fine.

• I used  several times the flow Strava+Strava app on edge (FW 5.5) and no segments worked during the navigation .

• Not completely true for me.
    Sometimes the live segment triggers something; about 1 in 5 do something -- not really what I would like though.
    Some run for a second, but get immediately overshadowed by climb pro and never show up again; others keep showing my PR for the rest of the ride - but only after the segment would have ended.
    Sometimes the segment ends immediately for no real reason I understand.
    Most of the time nothing happens, but I can often see the start and sometimes the end point of the segments on the navigation-map.

It would be great if live segments would work at some point in time again.
    Yes, and garmin segments stopped working at all at about 2 month ago. This made me a Strava subscriber .. lol
    If I had just known those issues in advance.
    Live segments are after navigation the second most important feature .. sigh

• Thanks, it is annoying, I would have hoped that whilst riding a course both segments and climbs would show without issue, hopefully it may get sorted via a firmware update. 

• I am heavy user of the strava live segment feature. Prior to firmware v5.5 I can't recall any issues getting live segments to trigger. This is my workflow:

1. Star all the planned segments in strava (uphill ones)

2. Create strava route that contains the segments

3. Star the strava route

4. Confirm on the 530 that the strava route and segments have all been transferred via the new integration, all segments are enabled

5. Under Settings - Activity Profiles - Road - Make sure 'Segments' option is enabled

6. Ensure Segment options, ensure 'Show Screen' and 'Pop up on Approach' are enabled

7. I started the course with Road activity profile, at the bottom of each climb the segment never triggered. Yet when I stopped the course, the next time I approached a segment it would trigger.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Could you post one of these course FIT files here?

• If you then sync your Edge those courses are downloaded to the Edge. Provided segment execution for courses is enable they should execute when running the course. On the higher end Edge units you get a page that shows a list of course points. It will show the start and end point for each embedded segment in that course file.

If I star a segment (in Strava) that is part of a Strava starred route that was not previously included on the route and I already have the route sync'd to the 530, the newly starred segments will not show up as Live Segments during navigation of the route.  I confirmed that the route gets transferred to GC with the new course points that correspond to the newly starred segments and the 530 was sync'd prior to the ride.  I discovered that I have to hit the "Send to Device" button in GC to force the updated course/segments to operate properly.  Seems that GC should automatically sync the course even if the course already resides on the 530 is there was a change to the route/segments.  Once I've figured out this undocumented feature all works as you describe.  It's a lot more fun when the expected segments show up!

• Update:

After disabling the climb pro pop-up, live segments work. All of them (except downhill ones I do not care about).
    Might be worth a try for others having similar problems as well.

Has the additional advantage that climb-pro does not take over the screen when the map is needed and I do not lose my way so often Slight smile.